Garmin is a brand that provides a number of navigation system products that help you to choose the best way to reach your destination in minimum time. Some of the best navigation system products made by Garmin include Garmin Speak plus, Garmin Drive etc.
A garmin navigation system has user-friendly interface along with variety of features. These systems can give you step-by-step directions, point out areas of interest, and help you in turn by turn navigation to find your destination, all in real time.
Now-a-days, it is important to keep your vehicle maps updated. An updated map helps you to deliver best navigation experience to ensure that one always reaches its right destination. Map updates are essential to give updated points of interest (POI’s) and roads for optimal navigation experience.
If you are using Garmin device or garmin navigation for car, then you need to update it for getting best navigation experience.
Further, we are going to discuss about garmin navigation system update by using Garmin express.
Update your garmin navigation system using Garmin Express:
Follow the steps to update the Garmin navigation system:
- Connect Garmin device to your PC –
- To start the garmin software update, you have to connect your Garmin device to the computer.
- To do this, remove your device from your vehicle and connect it to your PC or laptop by using a data USB cable, and wait for a few minutes.
- If you have connected the garmin gps device to your PC before, process begins automatically. If it’s first time, then you may need to log in to your Garmin account manually.
- Launch Garmin Express –
- After you connected your device to PC, you need to launch the Garmin Express on your PC.
- You can launch the Garmin express if you have installed it on your computer. If you don’t have Garmin Express installed, then install it first by following the below mentioned steps:
How to install Garmin express App:
- First of all, download the latest version of Garmin Express App.
- Next, launch a web browser and enter web address http://garmin.com/expressin browser’s address bar.
- To start the installation of Garmin express, run the downloaded Garmin Express.exe file.
- Check the box of ‘terms and conditions statement’.
- If you want to change the installation location of Garmin Express, click ‘change the install location’.
- Next, click ‘Install’ button.
- Once installation is completed, click ‘Launch’ option to open the Garmin Express app.
- To launch the Garmin express, either go to start menu and search for Garmin express or double-click the shortcut on the desktop.
- Next, Click “Add a Device” in Garmin Express and locate your GPS.
- Next, Garmin Express will search for the available updates and offers you a list.
- Click ‘Install’ or ‘Install All’ to install all of the updates.
- Once it starts updating, a ‘current progress’ appears on the Garmin express page.
- After that, an ‘Updates complete’ message displays on the screen when the update is finished.
- Disconnect your device-
- Once the update is finished, disconnect your device and unplug the USB cable.
- Once unplugged, install your garmin gps back in your vehicle.
We hope this will help you out to update your garmin navigation system. If you want further assistance on garmin navigation system update, you can contact our technical experts on our toll free number. You can also share your feedback with us.