Garmin gpx file format is a lightweight XML data interchange of GPS data between mobile applications and the Web Internet services. The best way to use your GPX files is by importing them to your GPS device as a Point Of Interests (POIs) as Garmin devices recognize this file format automatically. Once you have imported your gpx files into your GPD device, you can easily find POIs to various locations. You can find POIs in locations like shopping malls and gas stations. Now let’s go more deep into understanding Garmin file format.
What is GPX?
GPX also know as GPS eXchange format, which is a data format for interchanging the GPS data between programs. You can also share GPS data with other users. GPX files can be understood by everyone. Unlike other data files which could only be understood by the programs that created them. In other words, GPX files contain a description of the data inside them that allows anyone to create a program that can read what’s inside the file. Now that we have understood GPX file format and Garmin file format, let’s move on to “how to import GPX files to your GPS”.
How to import GPX files to your GPS?
Importing GPX files to your GPS is very simple. We recommend you to follow the below-given instructions carefully to understand the whole process.
- On your desktop, right-click anywhere and create a new folder. To create a new folder, right click and select New, and then Folder.
- Right-click on the folder and rename the folder as GPX files.
- Now drag your GPX files into the new folder that you created.
- Download the POI (Point Of Interest) loader by navigating to Garmin downloads and update page. To do this, click on the Download link, select file and then choose the directory where you want to save the downloaded file.
- Now install the POI loader by double-clicking on the icon. Just follow the on-screen instructions to successfully install the POI loader.
- Using Garmin USB cable that came with the device package, connect your Garmin device to the computer.
- Now, open POI loader and select Next to choose the “Garmin Device” option under the Save option.
- Click on Find Device so that you loader recognizes your connected GPS device.
- Now, click on Browse option to locate the folder containing your GPX file.
- Now select the folder and GPX file will be automatically added to your Garmin device.
- Click Finish and power On your Garmin device.
Now your Garmin device will be ready to use.
So in this article, we shared the knowledge on Garmin GPX file format and Garmin file format. We hope this article helped to provide you with the appropriate knowledge.